Liquid high pH RO membrane cleaner for dispersing colloidal foulants, silts & clays.
- High strength liquid formulation specifically designed for removal of biofilms, oils and greases
- Highly effective in the removal of colloidal foulants, silts, and clays
- Compatible with all Thin Film Composite RO membranes from all major membrane suppliers
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
- Appearance: Colorless to light yellow liquid
- Odor: Characteristic
- Solubility in water: Complete
- 5-gallon pails, 55-gallon non-returnable plastic drums and 275 gallon totes
Safety and Handling
Store in cool, dry and well ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
The cleaning solution should be prepared using RO permeate or softened water that is free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents. The solution is prepared by adding 18 lbs of AWC C-230 for every 100 gallons of water (2 % by wt. Solution). The cleaning solution is then circulated throughout the system without exceeding pressures, temperatures and flow rates recommended by the membrane manufacturer. Cleaning efficacy can be further improved by heating the cleaning solution and alternately circulating the solution for 60 minutes and then soaking the membranes for 30- 60 minutes for a total cleaning time of 4-6 hours. AWC C-230 should be added as necessary to the cleaning solution to maintain the pH range of 10-11 throughout the entire cleaning process. Depending on severity of fouling, your AWC representative will recommend optimal cleaning times.