Low foaming liquid formulation designed for use as a high pH cleaner of polyamide thin film composite membranes.
• Low foaming liquid formulation designed for use as a high pH cleaner of polyamide thin film composite membranes.
• Penetrates biofilms and organic foulants and disperses clays and colloidal silica.
• Supports the cleaning of sulfate, fluoride and silicate scales.
• Compatible with all Thin Film Composite R.O. membranes from all major membrane suppliers
• Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
• Kosher certified
• Halal certified
- Appearance: Clear yellow liquid
- Odor: Characteristic
- Solubility in water: Complete
- 5 gallon pails
- 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums
- 275 gallon totes
Safety & Handling
Store in cool, dry and well ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
Always flush the system with RO permeate before commencing a CIP. The cleaning solution should be prepared using RO permeate that is free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents. Add 17 lbs of AWC C-218 to every 100 gallons of water (2 % solution). Adjust the pH in the range 11.8 – 12.2. Send the first 20% of the solution to drain to displace residual water in the system, and then begin circulation. Do not exceed pressures, temperatures and flow rates recommended by the membrane manufacturer. Cleaning efficacy can be further improved by heating the cleaning solution and alternately circulating the solution for 30 -60 minutes and then soaking the membranes for 30 – 60 minutes. This should be repeated for a total of 4 – 6 hours of total contact time. The pH range and solution color should be monitored every 15 minutes throughout the cleaning. When pH drops below the desired range, it should be adjusted by adding more AWC C-218. If the solution turns murky, make a fresh solution.