High strength powder formulation specifically designed to remove metal oxides from polyamide thin film composite membrane surfaces and water softener resins
- High strength powder formulation specifically designed to remove metal oxides from polyamide thin film composite membrane surfaces and water softener resins
- Reduces ferric iron to the soluble ferrous form and
sequesters it to maintain it in solution
- Effective in dispersing some biofilms that may have formed a matrix with the metal oxides
- Assists in removal of carbonate and sulfate scales
- Compatible with all Thin Film Composite R.O. membranes from all major membrane suppliers
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
- Appearance: White to tan crystalline powder
- Odor: Characteristic odor
- Solubility in water: Complete
- 50 lb. pails and 400 lb. non-returnable plastic drums
Safety and Handling
Store in cool, dry and well-ventiled area. Keep containers closed. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash hands thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
Use potable water that is free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents to make the cleaning solution. The cleaning solution is prepared by addition of 17 lbs of AWC C-225 for every 100 gallons of water (~2 wt% Solution). The cleaning solution is then circulated throughout the system without exceeding pressures, temperatures and flow rates recommended by the membrane manufacturer. Cleaning efficacy can be further improved by heating the cleaning solution and alternately circulating the solution for 1 hour and then soaking the membranes for 30 minutes for a total cleaning time of 3–6 hours. AWC C-225 should be added as necessary to the cleaning solution to maintain the pH range of 2–3 throughout the entire cleaning process. Depending on severity of fouling, your AWC representative will recommend optimal cleaning times.