Liquid high pH reverse osmosis membrane cleaner for removal of organics, biofilm, iron & various heavy metals.
- Concentrated liquid formulation designed for use as a high pH cleaner of polyamide thin film composite membrane surfaces
- Works to remove the most stubborn biofilms and organic foulants
- Supports the cleaning of acid insoluble sulfates of calcium, barium and strontium as well as calcium fluoride
- Effective in removal of metal oxide deposits when used in a pH range of 9 – 10.5
- Buffered so as not to exceed a pH of 12
- May eliminate need for repeat cleanings where severe fouling exists
- Compatible with all Thin Film Composite R.O. membranes from all major membrane suppliers
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
- Appearance: Clear light yellow liquid
- Odor: Slight characteristic odor
- pH (as is) @ 25°C: >12
- Solubility in water: Complete
- Specific Gravity: 1.25 ± 0.05
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums and 275 gallon totes
Shipping and Handling
Store in cool, dry and well ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
The cleaning solution should be prepared using RO permeate that is free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents. Add 17 lbs of AWC C-237 to every 100 gallons of water (2 % by wt. solution). Adjust the pH in the range 11–12. Send the first 20% of the solution to drain to displace any residual feed water in the system, and then begin circulation. Do not exceed pressures, temperatures and flow rates recommended by the membrane manufacturer. Cleaning efficacy can be further improved by heating the cleaning solution and alternately circulating the solution for 30 -60 minutes and then soaking the membranes for 30 – 60 minutes. This should be repeated for a total of 4 – 6 hours of total contact time. The pH range should be monitored every 30 minutes throughout the cleaning. When pH drops below the desired range, it should be adjusted by adding more AWC C-237.