- Concentrated liquid formulation designed for use as a high pH cleaner of polyamide thin film composite membrane surfaces
- Works to remove the most stubborn biofilms and organic foulants
- Supports the cleaning of acid insoluble sulfates of calcium, barium and strontium as well as calcium fluoride
- Effective in removal of metal oxide deposits when used in a pH range of 9 – 10.5
- Buffered so as not to exceed a pH of 12
- May eliminate need for repeat cleanings where severe fouling exists
- Compatible with all Thin Film Composite R.O. membranes from all major membrane suppliers
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
- Appearance: Clear light yellow liquid
- Odor: Slight characteristic odor
- pH (as is) @ 25°C: >12
- Solubility in water: Complete
- Specific Gravity: 1.25 ± 0.05
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums and 275 gallon totes
Store in cool, dry and well ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
The cleaning solution should be prepared using potable water that is free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents. Add 2 gallons of AWC C-237 to every 100 gallons of water (2 % solution). Adjust the pH in the range 10–11. Recirculate the cleaning solution throughout the system, after redirecting the first 20% of the solution to drain. Do not exceed pressures, temperatures and flow rates recommended by the membrane manufacturer. Cleaning efficacy can be further improved by heating the cleaning solution and alternately circulating the solution for 15 minutes and then soaking the membranes for 15 minutes. This should be repeated as many times as necessary. The pH range should be monitored periodically throughout the cleaning. When pH drops below the desired range, it should be adjusted by adding more AWC C-237. Optimal iron removal occurs at pH of 8.5 – 10.5.