- High strength liquid formulation specifically designed for removal of biofilms, oils and greases
- Highly effective in the removal of colloidal foulants, silts, and clays
- Compatible with all Thin Film Composite RO membranes from all major membrane suppliers
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
- Appearance: Colorless to light yellow liquid
- Odor: Characteristic
- pH: 11-13
- Solubility in water: Complete
- Specific Gravity: 1.10 ± 0.1
- 5-gallon pails, 55-gallon non-returnable plastic drums and 275 gallon totes
Safety and Handling
Store in cool, dry and well ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
The water used to prepare the cleaning solution should be potable and free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents. Add 2% AWC C-230 by volume to water (2 gallons AWC C-230 for every 98 gallons water). Mix solution thoroughly and circulate through system. The pH should be maintained between 10–11. If pH drops below desired range, more AWC C-230 should be added. The duration of the cleaning cycle depends on the quantity and nature of the fouling. Short periods of soaking are considered good practice for heavily fouled membranes.