- High strength powder formulation specifically designed for use as a high pH cleaner of polyamide thin film composite membrane surfaces
- Effectively penetrates and lifts biofilms and removes oils, greases and other hydrocarbons from the membrane surface
- Disperses inorganic particulates such as silt, clay and metal oxides
- Helps remove silica fouling
- Chelates non-carbonate scales such as calcium fluoride, calcium sulfate, barium sulfate and strontium sulfate
- Compatible with all Thin Film Composite R.O. membranes from all major membrane suppliers
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
- Appearance: White to tan powder
- Odor: Slight characteristic odor
- pH (1% solution): 11 – 12
- Solubility in water: Soluble
- 45 lb. pails and 400 lb. non-returnable plastic drums
Safety and Handling
Store in cool, dry and well ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
Cleaning solution should be prepared using potable water free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents. Solution should consist of 9–18 lbs of AWC C-226 for every 100 gallons of water (1 – 2 % by wt. solution). Adjust pH between 10–11 by adding more AWC C-226 if necessary. Circulate the cleaning solution throughout the system without exceeding pressures/flow rates recommended by the membrane manufacturer. Cleaning efficacy can be improved by heating the cleaning solution and alternately circulating the solution for 15 min and then soaking the membranes for 15 min. Repeat as many times as necessary. Add AWC C-226 as necessary to the cleaning solution to maintain the pH range of 10–11 throughout the entire cleaning process. Depending on severity of fouling, your AWC representative will recommend optimal cleaning times.