- High strength liquid formulation specifically designed for removal of gypsum scale
- Disintegrates gypsum (calcium sulfate dihydrate scale) into a slurry that can easily be flushed from the membrane surface and that has a much larger exposed surface area for chelation where necessary
- Can be used in combination with AWC C-239 for complete removal of the most stubborn sulfate scales
- Compatible with all Thin Film Composite RO membranes from all major membrane suppliers
- Appearance: Colorless to light yellow liquid
- Odor: Slight characteristic odor
- Solubility: Complete
- pH (as is) @ 25°C: 7-9
- Specific Gravity: 1.05 ± 0.05
- 5 gallon pails
- 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums
Store in cool, dry and well ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
The cleaning solution should be prepared using potable water that is free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents. Add 2% AWC C-238 by volume to water (total 2 Gal AWC C-238 for every 98 Gal water). Mix solution thoroughly and circulate through system. Clean at the maximum allowable temperature according to the membrane manufacturer’s specifications. The duration of the cleaning cycle depends on the quantity and nature of the fouling, however, a minimum of 6 hours is recommended.