- Low pH membrane-cleaning compound for dissolution of carbonate and phosphate scales
- Effectively dissolves and chelates iron, aluminum and other metal oxides
- Chelates light deposits of pH independent precipitants such as calcium fluoride, calcium sulfate, barium sulfate and strontium sulfate
- Compatible with all Thin Film Composite R.O. membranes from all major membrane suppliers
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
- Appearance: White crystalline powder
- Odor: Characteristic
- pH (1% solution): <2
- Solubility in water: Complete
- 50 lb. pails and 400 lb. non-returnable plastic drums
Safety and Handling
Avoid breathing dust. Do not get in eyes, on skin or clothing. Keep container closed. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
Use potable water that is free of residual chlorine or ther oxidizing agents to make the cleaning solution. The cleaning solution is prepared by addition of 8-10 lb of AWC C-205 for every 100 gallons of water (~1 wt% Solution). Add caustic soda or ammonium hydroxide in small increments until pH is between 2–3. The cleaning solution is then circulated throughout the system without exceeding pressures, temperatures and flow rates recommended by the membrane manufacturer. Cleaning efficacy can be further improved by heating the cleaning solution and alternately circulating the solution for 15 minutes and then soaking the membranes for 15 minutes. This should be repeated as many times as necessary. AWC C-205 should be added as necessary to the cleaning solution to maintain the pH range of 2–3 throughout the entire cleaning process. Depending on severity of fouling, your AWC representative will recommend optimal cleaning times.