High pH powder RO membrane cleaning chemical for removal of heavy fouling by organics such as NOM and dyes.
- High strength powder formulation specifically designed for removal of heavy organic fouling from membrane surfaces
- Penetrates and disperses biological slime
- Disperses inorganic particulates such as silts, clays and other colloidal particles
- Removes polymers, emulsified oils, dyes and organic colors from the membrane surface
- Buffered to maintain pH range even when product is accidentally overdosed
- Compatible with all Thin Film Composite R.O. membranes from all major membrane suppliers
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
- Appearance: White crystalline powder
- Odor: Slight characteristic odor
- pH (2% solution): 11.0 ± 0.40
- Solubility: 343 g/L @ 24°C (75°F)
- 45 lb. pails and 400 lb. non-returnable plastic drums
Store in cool, dry and well ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
The cleaning solution should be prepared using potable water that is free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents. The solution should consist of 9-18 lbs of AWC C-227 for every 100 gallons of water (1–2 % by wt. solution), depending on severity of fouling. The cleaning solution is then circulated throughout the system without exceeding pressures, temperatures and flow rates recommended by the membrane manufacturer. Cleaning efficacy can be further improved by heating the cleaning solution and alternately circulating the solution for 60 minutes and then soaking the membranes for 60 minutes. This should be repeated as many times as necessary. AWC C-227 should be added as necessary to the cleaning solution to maintain the pH range of 10.5–11.5 throughout the entire cleaning process. Depending on severity of fouling, your AWC representative will recommend optimal cleaning times.