High pH liquid RO membrane cleaning compound for simultaneous removal of silica scale, sulfate scales, organic and biological foulants.
- Concentrated liquid formulation designed for use as a high pH silica cleaner on polyamide thin film composite membrane surfaces
- Dissolves polymerized silica scaling as well as colloidal silica fouling
- Removes greases, oils, inorganics and biofilms
- Chelates metal hydroxide deposits and some sulfate scales
- Does not contain any hydrofluoric acid or ammonium bifluoride
- Compatible with all Thin Film Composite R.O. membranes from all major membrane suppliers
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
- Appearance: Dark brown liquid
- Odor: Slight characteristic odor
- pH (as is) @ 25°C: >12
- Solubility in water: Complete
- Specific Gravity: 1.30 ± 0.10
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums and 275 gallon totes
Safety and Handling
Store in cool, dry and well ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
The cleaning solution should be prepared using potable water that is free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents. Add 2 gallons of AWC C-236 to every 100 gallons of water (2% solution). Adjust the pH in the range 12–13. Recirculate the cleaning solution throughout the system, after redirecting the first 20% of the solution to drain. Do not exceed pressures, temperatures and flow rates recommended by the membrane manufacturer. Cleaning efficacy can be further improved by heating the cleaning solution and alternately circulating the solution for 15 minutes and then soaking the membranes for 15 minutes. Repeat as many times as necessary. The pH range should be monitored periodically throughout the cleaning. When pH decreases below the desired range, it should be adjusted by adding more AWC C-236.