High pH liquid RO membrane cleaning compound for simultaneous removal of silica scale, sulfate scales, organic and biological foulants.
- Concentrated liquid formulation designed for use as a high pH silica cleaner on polyamide thin film composite membrane surfaces
- Dissolves polymerized silica scaling as well as colloidal silica fouling
- Removes greases, oils, inorganics and biofilms
- Chelates metal hydroxide deposits and some sulfate scales
- Does not contain any hydrofluoric acid or ammonium bifluoride
- Compatible with all Thin Film Composite R.O. membranes from all major membrane suppliers
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
- Appearance: Dark brown liquid
- Odor: Slight characteristic odor
- Solubility in water: Complete
- pH (as is) @ 25°C: >12
- Specific Gravity: 1.30 ± 0.10
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums and 275 gallon totes
Safety and Handling
Store in cool, dry and well ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
The cleaning solution should be prepared using RO permeate or softened water that is free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents. The solution is prepared by adding 18 lbs of AWC C-236 for every 100 gallons of water (2 % by wt. Solution). The cleaning solution is then circulated throughout the system without exceeding pressures, temperatures and flow rates recommended by the membrane manufacturer. Cleaning efficacy can be further improved by heating the cleaning solution and alternately circulating the solution for 60
minutes and then soaking the membranes for 30- 60 minutes for a total cleaning time of 4-6 hours. AWC C-236 should be added as necessary to the cleaning solution to maintain the pH range throughout the entire cleaning process. Depending on severity of fouling, your AWC representative will recommend optimal cleaning times.