Membrane cleaning compound for dissolution of heavy silica deposits.
- Membrane cleaning compound for dissolution of heavy silica deposits
- Effectively dissolves and chelates iron, aluminum and other metal oxides and hydroxides
- Formulated to prevent calcium fluoride scaling during use
- Does not contain ammonium bifluoride or hydrofluoric acid
- Stabilized fluoride formulation does not cause chemical burns
- Compatible with all Thin Film Composite R.O. membranes from all major membrane suppliers
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60
- Kosher certified
- Halal certified
- Appearance: Clear Colorless Liquid
- Odor: Characteristic
- Solubility in water: Complete
- pH (1% solution): 3.5-5.5
- Specific Gravity: 1.05-1.25
- 5 gallon pails
- 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums
- 275 gallon totes
Safety & Handling
Store in cool, dry and well ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Always use safety goggles, gloves and other PPE listed in the Safety Data Sheet when handling. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding & Control
Use potable water that is free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents to make the cleaning solution. The cleaning solution is prepared by addition of 17 lbs of AWC C-219 for every 100 gallons of water (~2 wt% Solution) and mixing. The pH should then be adjusted down to 2 – 2.5 range using any organic or inorganic acid that is compatible with the membranes (avoid sulfuric acid if calcium carbonate scaling is suspected). Circulate the cleaning solution throughout the system without exceeding pressures, temperatures and flow rates recommended by the membrane manufacturer. Cleaning efficacy can be further improved by heating the cleaning solution and alternately circulating the solution for 1 hour and then soaking the membranes for 30 minutes for a total cleaning time of 3–6 hours. The pH should be maintained in the range of 2 – 2.5 throughout the entire cleaning process. Depending on severity of fouling, your AWC representative will recommend optimal cleaning times.