Low pH membrane-cleaning compound for dissolution of carbonate and phosphate scales
• Low pH membrane-cleaning compound for dissolution of carbonate and phosphate scales
• Effectively dissolves iron, aluminum and other metal oxides
• Does not contain any phosphates or organic compounds
• Compatible with all Thin Film Composite R.O. membranes from all major membrane suppliers
- Appearance: White granular powder
- Odor: Characteristic
- Solubility in water: Soluble
- pH (1% solution): <2.0
- 50 lb. pails
- 400 lb. non-returnable plastic drums
Safety & Handling
Avoid breathing dust. Do not get in eyes, on skin or clothing. Keep container closed. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
The cleaning solution is prepared by adding 17 lbs of AWC C-203 for every 100 gallons of water (2 % by wt. solution). Add caustic soda or ammonium hydroxide in small increments until pH is between 2–3. The cleaning solution is then circulated throughout the system without exceeding pressures, temperatures and flow rates recommended by the membrane manufacturer. Cleaning efficacy can be further improved by heating the cleaning solution. AWC C-203 should be added as necessary to the cleaning solution to maintain the pH range of 2–3 throughout the entire cleaning process. Depending on severity of fouling, your AWC representative will recommend optimal cleaning times.