Low pH MF/UF cleaning chemical for dissolution of carbonate and phosphate scales. Spent cleaning solution does not interfere with ferric or aluminum coagulation when sent to wastewater treatment.
- Low pH liquid membrane-cleaning compound for dissolution of carbonate and phosphate scales from microfiltration and ultrafiltration surfaces and pores
- Effectively dissolves and chelates iron, aluminum and other metal hydroxides
- Buffered to maintain pH range even when product is accidentally overdosed
- Does not interfere with iron or aluminum coagulation in downstream wastewater processes
- Compatible with most UF/MF modules
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
- Appearance: Clear, pale yellow liquid
- Odor: Odorless
- pH (as is) @ 25°C: 1.17 ± 0.05
- Solubility in water: Complete
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums, 275 gallon totes
Store in a cool, dry and well ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Use potable water that is free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents to make the cleaning solution (RO permeate or DI water are preferred). Prepare the cleaning solution by adding 1 gallon of AWC UF-432 for every 100 gallons of water (~1% Solution), depending on severity of fouling. Heat water to the maximum temperature allowed by the module manufacturer. Circulate the cleaning solution throughout the modules with the filtrate valve closed in the feed direction for 30 min (for tubular designs), while maintaining a pH of ~2. The direction of the flow can then be reversed and circulated for 30 more min. This should be repeated for the duration of the cleaning. Measure the pH every 15 minutes. Add AWC UF-432 as necessary to the cleaning solution to maintain the pH range of ~2 throughout the entire cleaning process. Repeat as necessary until solution pH remains stable for two consecutive readings. Systems that allow back flushing may be back flushed with cleaning solution from the filtrate to the feed for 15 minutes. After the cleaning is finalized the modules must be flushed with MF/UF filtrate.