Low pH powder RO cleaning chemical for dissolution of silicate scales. Does not contain ammonium bifluoride. Effective for removal of carbonate, phosphate and hydroxide scales.
- Low pH membrane-cleaning compound for dissolution of light silica deposits
- Effective for dissolution of carbonate and phosphate scales
- Reverses lost salt rejection caused by swelling due to high pH cleaning
- Effectively dissolves and chelates iron, aluminum and other metal oxides and hydroxides
- Compatible with all Thin Film Composite R.O. membranes from all major membrane suppliers
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
- Appearance: White granular powder
- Odor: Characteristic
- pH (1% solution): 2.0 – 3.0
- Solubility in water: Complete
- 50 lb. pails and 400 lb. non-returnable plastic drums
Avoid breathing dust. Do not get in eyes, on skin or clothing. Keep container closed. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Use potable water that is free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents to make the cleaning solution. The cleaning solution is prepared by addition of 17 lbs of AWC C-209 for every 100 gallons of water (~2 wt% Solution). The cleaning solution is then circulated throughout the system without exceeding pressures, temperatures and flow rates recommended by the membrane manufacturer. Cleaning efficacy can be further improved by heating the cleaning solution and alternately circulating the solution for 1 hour and then soaking the membranes for 30 minutes for a total cleaning time of 3–6 hours. AWC C-209 should be added as necessary to the cleaning solution to maintain the pH range of 2–3 throughout the entire cleaning process. Depending on severity of fouling, your AWC representative will recommend optimal cleaning times.