Low pH liquid RO membrane cleaning chemical for removal of carbonate, phosphate, and hydroxide scales.
- Concentrated liquid formulation designed for use as a low pH cleaner of polyamide thin film composite membrane
- Removes inorganic carbonate, phosphate and sulfate scalants as well as metal oxides
- Contains a synergistic blend of cleaners and scale removal agents for a thorough cleaning of the membrane
- Will remove certain inorganic precipitants that cannot be removed through the use of citric or hydrochloric acid
- May eliminate the need for repeat cleanings in cases of severe scaling
- Compatible with all Thin Film Composite R.O. membranes from all major membrane suppliers
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
- Appearance: Clear colorless to yellow liquid
- Odor: Essentially no odor
- pH (as is) @ 25°C: < 2
- Solubility in water: Complete
- Specific Gravity: 1.17 ± 0.05
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums and 275 gallon totes
Safety and Handling
Store in cool, dry and well ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
The cleaning solution should be prepared using potable water that is free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents. Add 2 gallons of AWC C-234 to every 100 gallons of water (2% solution). Adjust the pH to < 2 by adding more chemical if needed. Recirculate the cleaning solution throughout the system, after redirecting the first 20% of the solution to drain. Do not exceed pressures, temperatures and flow rates recommended by the membrane manufacturer. Cleaning efficacy can be further improved by heating the cleaning solution. Repeat as necessary. Monitor the pH range periodically throughout the cleaning. When pH increases above the desired range, it should be adjusted by adding more AWC C-234.