Membrane antiscalant designed for inhibition of sulfate scale formation in challenging feed water; calcium sulfate, barium sulfate & strontium sulfate.
- Designed to inhibit inorganic scale formation in membrane separation processes
- Inhibits calcium carbonate scale up to a Calcium Carbonate Nucleation Index (CCNI) of 2.2
- Inhibits crystal formation and growth of calcium sulfate, barium sulfate and strontium sulfate scales under severe scaling conditions
- Moderate inhibition of carbonate, phosphate and silicate scale formation
- Stabilizes low levels of metal ions to prevent fouling of the membrane
- Approved by all major membrane manufacturers
- Environmentally compatible, especially where discharge of waste into the environment is a concern
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60
- Appearance: Colorless to light yellow liquid
- Odor: Characteristic
- pH (as is) @ 25°C: 3-5
- Solubility in water: Complete
- Specific Gravity: 1.20 ± 0.05
- 5 gallon pails
- 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums
- 275 gallon totes and bulk shipments
Store in a cool, dry place. In accordance with good safety practice, handle with care and avoid contact with eyes and prolonged or repeated contact with skin. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Normally fed continuously prior to the final cartridge filter. It should be injected by chemical dosing pump from a dilution tank or directly from the drum to the feed water line. The amount of AWC A-101 required to inhibit scale formation depends on the quality of feed water and size of the membrane system. An AWC technical representative will provide the approximate dosage rate for your system.