Premium Phosphorous-free RO antiscalant with broad spectrum capabilities. Effective for inhibition of sulfate and phosphate scales at very high saturation potentials. Good tolerance to ferric coagulant carryover.
- Premium phosphorous-free antiscalant designed to inhibit sulfate scales at high super saturations
- Inhibits calcium carbonate scale up to a Calcium Carbonate Nucleation Index (CCNI) of 2.0
- Inhibits formation of all carbonate and phosphate scales and also exhibits control of reactive silica at low to moderate levels
- Able to disperse colloidal particulates such as silt, clay and colloidal silica
- Effectively stabilizes metal ions and disperses metal hydroxides
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60
- Appearance: Clear to hazy liquid, colorless to light yellow
- Odor: Characteristic
- Solubility in water: Complete
- pH (as is) @ 25°C: 3.0 ± 0.5
- Specific Gravity: 1.08 ± 0.05
5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums, 275 gallon totes and bulk shipments
Safety & Handling
Store in a cool, dry place. In accordance with good safety practice, handle with care and avoid contact with eyes and prolonged or repeated contact with skin. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
AWC A-112 should be injected continuously into the RO feedwater line, always downstream of multimedia filters, and preferably downstream of the cartridge filters in the presence of a static mixer. In the absence of a static mixer, dosing upstream of the cartridge filters will serve as a substitute to improve mixing.
The dosage required to inhibit scale formation will typically be in the range of 1- 5 ppm, depending on feed water quality and system operating parameters. Dosage can be determined using Proton® membrane antiscalant projection software, or can be provided by an AWC technical representative.
AWC A-112 is designed to be fed neat. However, if the minimum output of the dosing pump exceeds the required dosage, then dilution will be necessary. For product dilution, always use water that is free of any detectable hardness – deionized water or RO permeate are preferred due to their higher purity, but softened water is also acceptable.
This product contains a preservative to prevent biological growth in the feed tank. Dilution in excess of 10X will impact the potency of the preservative. If dilution beyond 10X is unavoidable, it is recommended to replace the diluted product frequently, preferably every 7 – 10 days.