Reverse osmosis antiscalant that maintains its inhibition properties even in feedwater with very high alkalinity; High resistance to calcium-antiscalant precipitation formation. For use with CCNI up to 2.3.
- Designed to inhibit inorganic scale formation in membrane separation processes
- Inhibits calcium carbonate scale up to a Calcium Carbonate Nucleation Index (CCNI) of 2.3
- Helps reduce or eliminate acid dosing in RO/NF feedwaters that contain high alkalinity, even when operating at recoveries ≥ 90%
- Effectively stabilizes metal ions and disperses insoluble metal oxides in the reject
- Controls calcium fluoride, calcium sulfate, barium sulfate and strontium sulfate scales in waters with a high fouling potential
- Environmentally compatible, especially where discharge of waste into the environment is a concern
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60
- Appearance: Clear light yellow to amber liquid
- Odor: Characteristic
- pH (as is) @ 25°C: <2.0
- Specific Gravity: 1.20 ± 0.05
- Solubility in water: Complete
- 5 gallon pails
- 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums
- 275 gallon totes and bulk shipments
Store in a cool, dry place. In accordance with good safety practice, handle with care and avoid contact with eyes and prolonged or repeated contact with skin. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Normally fed continuously prior to the final cartridge filter. It should be injected by chemical dosing pump from a dilution tank or directly from the drum to the feedwater line. The amount of AWC A-109 required to inhibit scale formation depends on the quality of feedwater and size of the membrane system. If product needs to be diluted, do not exceed a 10X dilution to prevent over-dilution of the food grade preservatives.