Low pH liquid RO membrane cleaning formulation specifically designed for removal of sulfate scales.
- High strength liquid formulation specifically designed for removal of sulfate scales
- Dissolves stubborn strontium sulfate, calcium sulfate, and barium sulfate scales
- Compatible with all Thin Film Composite RO membranes from all major membrane suppliers
- Halal & Kosher certified
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI/CAN Standard 60: Drinking Water Treatment
- Appearance: Clear yellow to amber liquid
- Odor: Slight characteristic
- Solubility: Complete
- 5 gallon pails
- 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums
- 275 gallon totes
Safety and Handling
Store in cool, dry and well ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
The cleaning solution should be prepared using RO permeate or softened water that is free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents. The solution is prepared by adding 17 lbs of AWC C-239 for every 100 gallons of water (2 % by wt. Solution). The cleaning solution is then circulated throughout the system without exceeding pressures, temperatures and flow rates recommended by the membrane manufacturer. Cleaning efficacy can be further improved by heating the cleaning solution and alternately circulating the solution for 60 minutes and then soaking the membranes for 30- 60 minutes for a total cleaning time of 4-6 hours. AWC C-239 should be added as necessary to the cleaning solution to maintain the pH range throughout the entire cleaning process. Depending on severity of fouling, your AWC representative will recommend optimal cleaning times.