High pH liquid RO cleaning formulation specifically designed for removal of sulfate scales.
- High strength liquid formulation specifically designed for removal of sulfate scales
- Dissolves stubborn strontium sulfate, calcium sulfate, and barium sulfate scales
- Compatible with all Thin Film Composite RO membranes from all major membrane suppliers
- Appearance: Clear yellow to amber liquid
- Odor: Slight characteristic odor
- Solubility: Complete
- pH (1% solution): 11.50±0.5
- Specific Gravity: 1.35 ± 0.05
- 5 gallon pails
- 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums
Safety and Handling
Store in cool, dry and well ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
The cleaning solution should be prepared using potable water that is free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents. Add 2% AWC C-239 by volume to water (2 Gal AWC C-239 for every 98 Gal water). Adjust to pH 13 using sodium hydroxide. Mix solution thoroughly and circulate through system at a temperature of 40 – 45°C (104 – 113°F). pH should be maintained between 12.5 – 13.5 throughout entire cleaning cycle. If pH drops below desired range, more sodium hydroxide should be added. The duration of the cleaning cycle depends on the quantity and nature of the scaling. Cleaning efficacy can be monitored through differential pressure decline at a constant circulation flowrate.
Caution: The cleaning conditions under which this product is to be used are aggressive and are outside the pH and temperature range recommended by most membrane manufacturers. Use of this product and this cleaning protocol are only recommended for severe irreversible sulfate scaling.