High performance liquid formulation specifically designed for removal of elemental sulfur and pyrite fouling from membrane surfaces.
- High performance liquid formulation specifically designed for removal of elemental sulfur and pyrite fouling from membrane surfaces
- Performs best when used in conjunction with AWC C-226 or AWC C-236 high pH cleaners
- Outperforms even the most aggressive low pH cleaners for pyrite dissolution
- Neutral liquid formulation for easy application and safe handling
- Compatible with all thin film composite RO membranes from all major membrane suppliers
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60
- Appearance: Colorless to yellow liquid
- Odor: Characteristic
- Solubility in water: Complete
- 5 gallon palls, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums and 275 gallon totes.
Safety and Handling
Store in cool, dry and well ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
The cleaning solution should be prepared using RO permeate or softened water that is free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents. The solution should consist of 17 lbs of Cleanflux™ S and 17 lbs of AWC C-226 or AWC C-236 for every 100 gallons of water (2 % by wt. solution), depending on severity of fouling. The cleaning solution is then circulated throughout the system without exceeding pressures, temperatures and flow rates recommended by the membrane manufacturer. Cleaning efficacy can be further improved by heating the cleaning solution and alternately circulating the solution for 60 minutes and then soaking the membranes for 60 minutes and then soaking the membranes for 30- 60 minutes for a total cleaning time of 4-6 hours. This should be repeated as many times as necessary. Sodium hydroxide should be added as necessary to the cleaning solution to
maintain the pH range of 11- 12 throughout the entire cleaning process. Depending on severity of fouling, your AWC representative will recommend optimal cleaning times.