Silicate-based potable and hot water system corrosion inhibitor for use with low to moderate hardness water.
- Stabilized liquid silicate formulation utilized for the treatment of potable water systems
- Inhibits corrosion by forming a stable, evenly distributed protective film on the inside of distribution piping and metal surfaces
- Designed to inhibit corrosion of steel, copper and aluminum components, stabilize soluble iron and manganese, and control scale formations in distribution systems supplying low hardness waters. The feed of a supplemental alkaline material for pH adjustment may be required to optimize corrosion inhibition of copper and steel metallurgies.
- May also be used in recirculating process water systems including hydrostatic sterilizers and retorts, warmers, and pasteurizers including dairy sweet water systems
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
- Appearance: Colorless to light yellow liquid
- Odor: Odorless
- Solubility in water: Complete
- pH (undiluted): >12
- Specific Gravity: 1.40 ± 0.05
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums, 275 gallon totes
Safety and Handling
May be toxic by injestion in concentrated form. Do not take internally. If ingested, drink at least two (2) glasses of water and get immediate medical attention. Contact with eyes causes irritation. If eyes are contacted, immediately flush with clean water for 15 minutes and if irritation persists, get medical attention. In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
Normally fed continuously to the system being treated by means of a chemical metering pump. In most applications, product is fed as a concentrate, without the necessity of dilution. Dosing rate is based on water quality. The overall product applications and the specific chemical feed and control methods employed must be specified by the technical representative servicing the facility.