Zinc-orthophosphate based corrosion inhibitor provides powerful cathodic protection in addition to forming a protective anodic film on steel, copper and brass metal surfaces. Eliminates red water, protects against release of cement from water mains, and prevents leaching of lead into the potable water supply.
- Corrosion inhibitor for the treatment of potable water systems
- Inhibits corrosion by forming a stable, evenly distributed protective film on the inside of distribution piping and metal surfaces
- Zinc/orthophosphate product designed for use with soft water and RO permeate, and depending on final water quality, it may also be used with permeate/raw water blends
- Especially effective in extremely negative LSI water
- Inhibits corrosion of steel distribution system water lines, iron and galvanized piping, and lead and copper plumbing
- Decreases the potential for THM formation when dosed with chlorine and protects against the release of asbestos or cement from water mains. It also substantially reduces leaching of lead from piping and lessens the occurrence of microbial-induced corrosion, providing longer system life.
- Saves money by reducing corrosion, lowering chlorine demand and decreasing hydrant flushing, leaks and failures
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
- Guaranteed to meet the requirements of ANSI/AWWA B506, Standard for Zinc Orthophosphate
- Appearance: Colorless to light yellow liquid
- Odor: Odorless
- pH (undiluted): <1.0
- Specific Gravity: 1.40 ± 0.20
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums, 275 gallon totes
Safety and Handling
May be toxic by ingestion in concentrated form. Do not take internally. If ingested, drink at least two (2) glasses of water and get immediate medical attention. Contact with eyes causes irritation. If eyes are contacted, immediately flush with clean water for 15 minutes and if irritation persists, get medical attention. In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
Normally fed continuously to the system being treated by means of a chemical metering pump. In most applications, product is fed as a concentrate, without the necessity of dilution. Dosing rate is based on water quality. The overall product applications and the specific chemical feed and control methods employed must be specified by the technical representative servicing the facility.