Polyphosphate/orthophosphate corrosion inhibitor for the treatment of potable water systems. Highly effective at inhibiting lead and copper corrosion.
- Corrosion inhibitor for the treatment of potable water systems
- Inhibits corrosion by forming a stable, evenly distributed protective film on the inside of distribution piping and metal surfaces
- Poly/ortho product designed for use with moderately low hardness water. It is not recommended for use with soft water
- Inhibits corrosion of steel distribution system water lines, iron and galvanized piping, and lead and copper plumbing
- Decreases the potential for THM formation when dosed with chlorine and protects against the release of asbestos or cement from water mains. Also substantially reduces leaching of lead from piping and lessens the occurrence of microbial-induced corrosion, providing longer system life.
- Saves money by reducing corrosion, lowering chlorine demand and decreasing hydrant flushing, leaks and failures
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
- Appearance: Colorless to light yellow liquid
- Odor: Odorless
- Solubility in water: Complete
- pH (undiluted): 4 – 7
- Specific Gravity: 1.40 ± 0.10
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums, 275 gallon totes
May be toxic by ingestion in concentrated form. Do not take internally. If ingested, drink at least two (2) glasses of water and get immediate medical attention. Contact with eyes causes irritation. If eyes are contacted, immediately flush with clean water for 15 minutes and if irritation persists, get medical attention. In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Normally fed continuously to the system being treated by means of a chemical metering pump. In most applications, product is fed as a concentrate, without the necessity of dilution. This product will perform best when water pH is maintained between 7.5–8.5. Dosing rate is based on water quality. The overall product applications and the specific chemical feed and control methods employed must be specified by the technical representative servicing the facility system. The specific control ranges will be specified by the technical representative and can also assist you in determining the appropriate dose rate for your system.