- Stabilized liquid polyphosphate / silicate formulation utilized for the treatment of potable water systems
- Inhibits corrosion by forming a stable, evenly distributed protective film on the inside of distribution piping and metal surfaces
- Designed to inhibit corrosion of steel, copper and aluminum components, stabilize soluble iron and manganese, and control scale formations in distribution systems supplying low hardness waters. The feed of a supplemental alkaline material for pH adjustment may be required to optimize corrosion inhibition of copper and steel metallurgies.
- May also be used in recirculating process water systems including hydrostatic sterilizers and retorts, warmers, and pasteurizers including dairy sweet water systems
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
- Appearance: Colorless to light yellow liquid
- Odor: Odorless
- Solubility in water: Complete
- pH (undiluted): >12
- Specific Gravity: 1.15 ± 0.05
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums, 275 gallon totes
May be toxic by ingestion in concentrated form may be toxic by ingestion. Do not take internally. If ingested, drink at least two (2) glasses of water and get immediate medical attention. Contact with eyes causes irritation. If eyes are contacted, immediately flush with clean water for 15 minutes and if irritation persists, get medical attention. In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Normally fed continuously to system being treated via a chemical proportioning pump. The most effective means of control is to meter pace the feed pump. The latter flow proportioning method is preferred especially for systems having variable water flow rates and to assure that the maximum feed-rate does not exceed 30 ppm. Another effective method that can be used where a well pump produces a constant output is to electrically wire the chemical metering pump for simultaneous on/off operation with the well water pump.
Controlled by a phosphate test. Care must be taken to account for phosphates in the raw water to assure the proper feed rate is being maintained. The overall product applications and the specific chemical feed and control methods employed must be specified by the technical representative servicing the facility.