- Corrosion/Scale inhibitor and sequestering agent for the treatment of potable water systems
- When added to the supply water, AWC A-700 inhibits corrosion by forming a stable, evenly distributed protective film on the inside of distribution piping and metal surfaces
- Inhibits corrosion of steel distribution system water lines, iron and galvanized piping, and lead and copper plumbing
- Inhibits calcium carbonate scale formation in water with a high scale forming tendency
- Sequesters colloidal iron hydroxide to eliminate red water
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
- Appearance: Colorless to light yellow liquid
- Odor: Odorless
- pH (as is) @ 25°C: 4 – 7
- Specific Gravity: 1.40 ± 0.03
- Solubility in water: Complete
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums, 275 gallon totes
May be toxic by injestion in concentrated form. Do not take internally. If ingested, drink at least two (2) glasses of water and get immediate medical attention. Contact with eyes causes irritation. If eyes are contacted, immediately flush with clean water for 15 minutes and if irritation persists, get medical attention. In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Normally fed continuously to the system being treated by means of a chemical metering pump. In most applications, product is fed as a concentrate, without the necessity of dilution. Dosing rate is based on water quality. The overall product applications and the specific chemical feed and control methods employed must be specified by the technical representative servicing the facility.