Concentrated phosphate-free liquid formulation designed low pH cleaning of thermal distillation units.
- Concentrated phosphate-free liquid formulation designed for low pH cleaning of thermal distillation units
- Dissolves inorganic carbonate and phosphate scales as well as metal oxide/hydroxide foulants
- Contains a synergistic blend of cleaners, chelants and descaling agents for a thorough cleaning of the membrane surface
- Removes certain inorganic precipitants that cannot be removed through the use of citric or hydrochloric acid
- May eliminate the need for repeat cleanings in cases of severe scaling
- May be used in conjunction with an acid inhibitor such as AWC B-890 to protect yellow metals in the system
- Appearance: Clear yellow to amber liquid
- Odor: Slight characteristic odor
- pH (as is): 2 – 3
- Solubility in water: Complete
- Specific Gravity: 1.10 ± 0.05
- 5 gallon pails
Safety & Handling
Store in cool, dry and well ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
Add 2 gallons of AWC C-835 for every 100 gallons of water (2% Solution) to adjust pH to 2–2.5 at the discharge of the brine recycle pump. Acidified brine temperatures should be maintained at 48–50 ºC. Measure pH every 15-30 minutes; add AWC C-835 as necessary to maintain the pH range of 2–2.5 throughout the entire cleaning process. Cleaning will be terminated only when brine pH remains stable for two consecutive measurements. System should then be flushed until neutral pH is achieved. If an acid inhibitor such as AWC B-890 is used, best results are achieved by applying and circulating for 1 hour prior to addition of AWC C-835.