Liquid formulation designed for use as a low pH cleaner for reverse osmosis membranes.
• Cost effective low pH cleaner for use with RO and NF membranes
• Dissolves 35X more iron oxide/ hydroxide than citric acid
• Efficiently solubilizes aluminum oxide/ hydroxide deposits
• Excellent dissolution of carbonate and phosphate scales
• Compatible with membranes from all major membrane suppliers
• Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60
• Kosher certified
• Halal certified
- Appearance: Clear, colorless liquid
- Odor: Characteristic
- Solubility in water: Complete
- 5 gallon pails
- 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums
- 275 gallon totes
Safety & Handling
Store in cool, dry and well ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding & Control
Always flush the system with permeate water before commencing a CIP. The cleaning solution should be prepared using RO permeate water that is free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents. Add 17 lbs of AWC C-217 to every 100 gallons of water (2 % by wt. solution). Adjust the pH to < 2.5 by adding more chemical if needed. Recirculate the cleaning solution throughout the system, after redirecting the first 20% of the solution to drain. Do not exceed pressures, temperatures and flow rates recommended by the membrane manufacturer. Cleaning efficacy can be further improved by heating the cleaning solution. Monitor the pH range every 15 minutes throughout the cleaning. When pH increases above the desired range, it should be adjusted back down by adding more AWC C-217.
For recovering membrane rejection after high pH cleaning, alternately circulate the solution for 60 minutes and then soak the membranes for 30 minutes. Repeat for a total exposure time of 2 – 4 hours.