Proprietary blend of scale inhibitors designed for superior control of calcium salt precipitation, scale formation and fouling in seawater multistage flash (MSF) distillation plants.
- High performance, proprietary blend of scale inhibitors designed for superior control of calcium salt precipitation, scale formation and fouling in seawater multistage flash distillation plants
- Effective against calcium carbonate scale formation at top brine temperatures greater than 100°C, where total control of particulate fouling and sludge is critical to maintain thermal efficiency
- Superior control of Calcium Sulfate, Barium Sulfate, Strontium Sulfate, and Calcium fluoride
- Will disperse any formed metal oxides, silt, clay and other colloidal particles in order to minimize frequency and difficulty of cleanings
- Effective threshold inhibitor and crystal modifier
- Excellent thermal and hydrolytic stability
- Environmentally compatible, especially where discharge of waste into the environment is a concern
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
- Appearance: Clear light yellow to amber liquid
- Odor: Characteristic odor
- pH (as is) @ 25°C: < 1
- Specific Gravity: 1.30 ± 0.05
- Solubility in water: Complete
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums, 275 gallon totes
Safety and Handling
Store in a cool, dry place. In accordance with good safety practice, handle with care and avoid contact with eyes and prolonged or repeated contact with skin. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
Normally fed continuously into the seawater make-up line or into the recycle brine stream. It should be injected by chemical dosing pump from a dilution tank or directly from the drum. The amount of AWC A-181P required to inhibit scale formation depends on the quality of feed-water, brine concentration factor and size and type of the flash distillation system. It should be dosed continuously and proportionately to the sea- water make-up flow to maintain the recommended dose level. Typical dosage will be between 3 – 4 ppm.