Liquid low pH RO cleaning chemical for dissolution of tough organic scales such as calcium phosphonate, calcium polyacrylate & calcium citrate.
- Concentrated liquid formulation designed for use as a low pH cleaner of polyamide thin film composite membrane surfaces
- Designed for removal of tough organic scales such as calcium phosphonate, calcium polyacrylate, and calcium citrate
- Removes inorganic carbonate, phosphate, and hydroxide scales
- Effective even in cases of severe scaling – complete removal of scale reduces cleaning frequency
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60
- Halal certified
- Kosher certified
- Appearance: Colorless to light yellow liquid
- Odor: Characteristic
- Solubility in water: Complete
5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums and 275 gallon totes
Safety & Handling
Store in a cool, dry and well ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
The cleaning solution should be prepared using potable water that is free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents. Add 17 lbs of AWC C-232 to every 100 gallons of water (2% solution). Adjust the pH in the range 2-3. Recirculate the cleaning solution throughout the system, after redirecting the first 20% of the solution to drain. Do not exceed pressures, temperatures, and flow rates recommended by the membrane manufacturer. Cleaning efficacy can be further improved by heating the cleaning solution and alternately circulating the solution for 15 minutes and then soaking the membranes for 15 minutes. Repeat as necessary. Monitor the pH range periodically throughout the cleaning. When pH increases above the desired range, it should be adjusted by adding more AWC C-232.