Liquid low pH RO cleaning chemical for dissolution of calcium carbonate scaling.
- Concentrated phosphate-free liquid formulation designed for use as an additive during low pH cleaning of polyamide thin film composite membrane surfaces
- Dissolves inorganic carbonate and phosphate scales as well as metal oxide/hydroxide foulants
- Contains a synergistic blend of cleaners, chelants and descaling agents for a thorough cleaning of the membrane surface
- Will remove certain inorganic precipitants that cannot be removed through the use of citric or hydrochloric acid
- May eliminate the need for repeat cleanings in cases of severe scaling
- Compatible with all Thin Film Composite R.O. membranes from all major membrane suppliers
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
- Appearance: Clear yellow to amber liquid
- Odor: Slight characteristic odor
- pH (as is) @ 25°C: 2 – 3
- Solubility in water: Complete
- Specific Gravity: 1.15 ± 0.05
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums and 275 gallon totes
Safety and Handling
Store in cool, dry and well ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
The cleaning solution should be prepared using RO permeate or softened water that is free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents. The solution is prepared by adding 17 lbs of AWC C-235 for every 100 gallons of water (2 % by wt. Solution). The cleaning solution is then circulated throughout the system without exceeding pressures, temperatures and flow rates recommended by the membrane manufacturer. Cleaning efficacy can be further improved by heating the cleaning solution and alternately circulating the solution for 60 minutes and then soaking the membranes for 30- 60 minutes for a total cleaning time of 4-6 hours. AWC C-235 should be added as necessary to the cleaning solution to maintain the pH range throughout the entire cleaning process. Depending on severity of fouling, your AWC representative will recommend optimal cleaning times.