Liquid low pH RO cleaning chemical for dissolution of calcium carbonate scaling.
- Concentrated phosphate-free liquid formulation designed for use as an additive during low pH cleaning of polyamide thin film composite membrane surfaces
- Dissolves inorganic carbonate and phosphate scales as well as metal oxide/hydroxide foulants
- Contains a synergistic blend of cleaners, chelants and descaling agents for a thorough cleaning of the membrane surface
- Will remove certain inorganic precipitants that cannot be removed through the use of citric or hydrochloric acid
- May eliminate the need for repeat cleanings in cases of severe scaling
- Compatible with all Thin Film Composite R.O. membranes from all major membrane suppliers
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
- Appearance: Clear yellow to amber liquid
- Odor: Slight characteristic odor
- pH (as is) @ 25°C: 2 – 3
- Solubility in water: Complete
- Specific Gravity: 1.15 ± 0.05
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums and 275 gallon totes
Store in cool, dry and well ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
The cleaning solution should be prepared using potable water that is free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents. Add 2 gallons of AWC C-235 to every 100 gallons of water (2% solution). Adjust the pH in the range 2–3. Recirculate the cleaning solution throughout the system, after redirecting the first 20% of the solution to drain. Do not exceed pressures, temperatures and flow rates recommended by the membrane manufacturer. Cleaning efficacy can be further improved by heating the cleaning solution and alternately circulating the solution for 15 minutes and then soaking the membranes for 15 minutes. Repeat as many times as necessary. Monitor the pH range periodically throughout the cleaning. When pH increases above the desired range, it should be adjusted by adding more AWC C-235.