Fast-acting oxidizing microbiocide for continuous dosing or off-line cleaning in membrane systems. NSF approved for use with potable water systems.
- Liquid oxidizing biocide for use in membrane systems and a variety of water treatment applications
- Broad spectrum and fast reacting to prevent growth of bacteria, fungi, algae and slime
- Effective over a wide pH range, with highest efficacy below pH 8.5
- Does not react with ammonia or amines, and does not contribute to nitrosamine formation
- Fully biodegradable and environmentally friendly
- Formulated to be used in direct contact with reverse osmosis, nanofiltration and ultrafiltration membranes
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60
- Appearance: Clear colorless liquid
- Odor: Vinegar odor
- pH (1% solution): <3
- Solubility in water: Complete
- Specific Gravity: 1.14
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums, 275 gallon totes
Safety and Handling
Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. Wear at least chemical resistant gloves and eye protection, face shield, and chemical resistant
garments when handling, moving or using this product. Harmful if swallowed, absorbed through the skin, or inhaled. Wash thoroughly
with soap and water after handling, and before eating or drinking. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this
Chemical Feeding and Control
Add 2.0 – 5.0 ppm of active peroxyacetic acid continuously into the Reverse Osmosis or Ultrafiltration System. For occasional
intermittent feed, do not exceed 93 ppm active peroxyacetic acid.
For sanitation, use only after removing all foulant from membranes by high and low pH cleaning. Circulate a 0.5% solution for up to 4 hours, and make sure to open and close valves to ensure that all parts in fully in contact with the disinfectant solution.