Non-oxidizing microbiocide for use with industrial RO membrane systems. Highly effective in water with high organics concentrations.
- Broad spectrum liquid microbiocide for use in membrane systems and a variety of water treatment applications
- Causes immediate inhibition of growth upon coming in contact with the microorganisms
- Broad-spectrum activity against algae, fungi, and bacteria including Legionella pneumophila and sulfate reducing bacteria
- Effective over wide range of pH, temperature and water hardness
- Readily biodegradable when diluted
- Compatible with low levels of free chlorine or bromine
- Copper-free formulation designed to be compatible with membrane antiscalants
- Effective at low concentrations
- Appearance: Colorless to light yellow liquid
- Odor: Mild
- pH (as is): 3 – 4
- Solubility in water: Complete
- Specific Gravity: 1.03 ± 0.01
- 55 lb. pails, 440 lb. non-returnable plastic drums, 2200 lb. totes
Safety and Handling
Corrosive. Causes irreversible eye damage and skin burns. May be fatal if absorbed through skin. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reactions in some individuals. Harmful if swallowed. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
Add 10 – 333 ppm of AWC D-115I into industrial ultra-filtration or reverse osmosis systems by either continuous feed or periodic injection. Compatibility of AWC D-115I with reverse osmosis membranes should be confirmed with membrane manufacturers. For the control of bacteria and fungi in carbon beds, add 10 -333 ppm of AWC D-115I by either continuous or batch feed. For periodic membrane cleaning, add 400 -1000 ppm of AWC D-115I into cleaning solution and circulate. Badly fouled systems should be cleaned before treatment is begun.