Fast-acting non-potable RO microbiocide, highly effective at low concentrations.
- Fast acting, non-oxidizing biocide
- Environmentally friendly because it is non-persistent and degrades to naturally occurring products
- Provides efficient, cost-effective microbiological control at low use concentrations
- Controls bacteria, fungi and algae in industrial nonpotable membrane systems
- Appearance: Colorless to Amber liquid
- Odor: Mild, antiseptic
- pH (as is) @ 25°C: 2 – 5
- Solubility in water: Complete
- Specific Gravity: 1.20 – 1.30
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums
Safety and Handling
May be toxic by ingestion. Contact with eyes causes severe irritation or burns and irreversible eye damage. The use of goggles or face shield and rubber gloves when handling this product is recommended. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided
with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
May be used to control bacteria and reduce biofouling in non-potable industrial membrane systems (reverse osmosis, ultrafiltration, microfiltration) and peripheral equipment. Acceptable applications include dosing into RO systems for the production of boiler makeup water, rinsing of electric components, and industrial wastewater treatment.
Should be added to the system inlet water or before any other contamination area ahead of the reverse osmosis unit. Add with a metering pump on an intermittent basis depending on the severity of contamination and the guidelines specified by the membrane manufacturer.
AWC D-420D may be fed continuously to the membrane system feed water at the rate of 10 to 100 ppm. Once treatment is completed, rinsing with feedwater should continue until conductivity values in the permeate are at or below values before treatment. Badly fouled systems must be cleaned before treatment is begun. For offline system disinfection, add 50-170 ppm AWC D-420D to the off-line cleaning feed tank and re-circulate for 30 minutes to 3 hours. Frequency of addition should be every 5 days or as needed.
Note: for industrial systems in which AWC D-420D residuals cannot be tolerated, must be slug fed. During and for 30 minutes to 1 hour following chemical addition, permeate and concentrate streams must be diverted to waste.