Dissolves adsorbed Natural Organic Matter (NOM), Volatile Organic Carbon (VOC), and other organics from activated carbon filter media
- Dissolves adsorbed Natural Organic Matter (NOM), Volatile Organic Carbon (VOC), and other organics from activated carbon filter media
- Removes greases and oils from active sites in carbon media
- Reactivates carbon media to restore its adsorption capacity
- Appearance: Clear liquid
- Odor: Characteristic
- Solubility in water: Complete
- 5 gallon pails
- 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums
- 275 gallon totes
Safety and Handling
Store in a cool, dry and well ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Always use eye and skin protection. Wash contaminated clothes before re- use. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
Always use hardness-free water like softened water or RO permeate for backwash to obtain best results. AWC® C- Reactivator should be prepared as a 2% solution or injected during backwash at a ratio of 1:50. If possible, preheat the solution to 45 C (113 F) for improved results. The backwash solution should then be allowed to soak for 1 = 2 hours before draining. Flush with water until pH and conductivity return to normal values. A follow- up low pH rinse using an inorganic acid is recommended where possible.