Broad spectrum antiscalant/antifoulant for use with high natural organic matter (NOM) containing feed water.
- A broad spectrum antiscalant/antifoulant designed to inhibit inorganic scale formation and disperse natural organic matter (NOM) in membrane separation processes
- Inhibits calcium carbonate scale up to a Calcium Carbonate Nucleation Index (CCNI) of 2.2
- Effectively inhibits formation of calcium sulfate, calcium fluoride, barium sulfate, strontium sulfate and silica
- Stabilizes metal ions to prevent metal oxides precipitation and disperses existing metal oxides/hydroxides, silts/clays and colloidal silica
- Approved for use by all major membrane manufacturers
- Environmetally compatible, especially where discharge of waste into the environment is a concern
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60
- Appearance: Clear light yellow to amber liquid
- Odor: Characteristic
- Solubility in water: Complete
- pH (as is) @25°C: 2.0 – 5.0
- Specific Gravity: 1.10±0.05
- 5 gallon pails
- 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums
- 275 gallon totes and bulk shipments
Store in a cool, dry place. In accordance with good safety practice, handle with care and avoid contact with eyes and prolonged or repeated contact with skin. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Normally fed continuously prior to the final cartridge filter. It should be injected by chemical dosing pump from a dilution tank or directly from the drum to the feedwater line. The amount of AWC A-106 required to inhibit scale formation depends on the quality of feed water and operational parameters of the membrane system. An AWC technical representative will provide you with the specific control range and the approximate dosage rate for your system.