Low zinc formula minimizes load on wastewater treatment plants without sacrificing the invaluable benefits of cathodic protection.
- Corrosion inhibitor for treatment of potable water systems.
- When added to supply water, inhibits corrosion by forming a stable, evenly distributed protective film on the inside of distribution piping and metal surfaces
- Zinc/orthosphosphate product designed for use with RO permeate blended in raw water for distribution. Provides the advantages of a zinc phosphate formulation but with very low zinc values for plants sensitive to zinc residuals.
- Inhibits corrosion of steel distribution system water lines, iron and galvanized piping, and lead and copper plumbing
- Decreases the potential for THM formation when dosed with chlorine and protects against the release of asbestos or cement from water mains. Substantially reduces leaching of lead from piping and lessens the occurrence of microbial-induced corrosion, providing longer system life
- Saves money by reducing corrosion, lowering chlorine demand and decreasing hydrant flushing, leaks and failures
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
- Guaranteed to meet the requirements of ANSI/AWWA B506, Standard for Zinc Orthophosphate
- Appearance: Colorless to light yellow liquid
- Odor: Odorless
- Solubility in water: Complete
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums, 275 gallon totes
Safety and Handling
May be toxic by ingestion in concentrated form. Do not take internally. If ingested, drink at least two (2) glasses of water and get immediate medical attention. Contact with eyes causes irritation. If eyes are contacted, immediately flush with clean water for 15 minutes and if irritation persists, get medical attention. In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
Normally fed continuously to the system being treated by means of a chemical metering pump. In most applications, product is fed as a concentrate, without the necessity of dilution. Dosing rate is based on water quality. The overall product applications and the specific chemical feed and control methods employed must be specified by the technical representative servicing the facility.