Premium RO/NF antiscalant for control of high levels of ferric and aluminum coagulant carryover.
- Premium broad spectrum antiscalant designed to inhibit inorganic scale formation in membrane separation processes
- Designed for use with RO/NF feed water that contains high levels of iron in the ferric state (oxidized iron), and aluminum
- Controls calcium carbonate scale formation without acid up to an CCSI of 2.6 and maintains good scale inhibition even in the presence of high levels of iron
- Controls calcium sulfate, barium sulfate, strontium sulfate, and silicate scales in waters with moderate scaling potential
- Effectively disperses metal oxides and other inorganic particulates such as silt and clays
- Stabilizes all metal ions to prevent metal hydroxide, metal phosphate, and metal silicate precipitation
- Environmentally compatible and fully biodegradable
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60
- Appearance: Clear yellow to amber liquid
- Odor: Characteristic
- Solubility in water: Complete
- pH (as is) @ 25°C: <2.0
- Specific Gravity: 1.40 ± 0.15
5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums, 275 gallon totes and bulk shipments
Store in a cool, dry place. In accordance with good safety practice, handle with care and avoid contact with eyes and prolonged or repeated contact with skin. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
AWC A-117 should be injected continuously into the RO feedwater line, always downstream of multimedia filters, and preferably downstream of the cartridge filters in the presence of a static mixer. In the absence of a static mixer, dosing upstream of the cartridge filters will serve as a substitute to improve mixing.
The dosage required to inhibit scale formation will typically be in the range of 1- 5 ppm, depending on feed water quality and system operating parameters. Dosage can be determined using Proton® membrane antiscalant projection software, or can be provided by an AWC technical representative.
AWC A-117 is designed to be fed neat. However, if the minimum output of the dosing pump exceeds the required dosage, then dilution will be necessary. For product dilution, always use water that is free of any detectable hardness – deionized water or RO permeate are preferred due to their higher purity, but softened water is also acceptable.
This product contains a preservative to prevent biological growth in the feed tank. Dilution in excess of 10X will impact the potency of the preservative. If dilution beyond 10X is unavoidable, it is recommended to replace the diluted product frequently, preferably every 7 – 10 days.