Membrane antiscalant especially designed to inhibit silica scaling at saturation levels up to MSI 12.
- Proprietary blend of antiscalants, antifoulants and silica dispersants
- Inhibits calcium carbonate scale up to a Calcium Carbonate Nucleation Index (CCNI) of 2.2
- Especially designed for use where silica levels are high, up to 250% saturation of silica in the reject
- Effectively disperses aluminum-silicate foulants such as Kaolinites
- Stabilizes metal ions and disperses metal oxides such iron and manganese as well as colloidal particles such as silt and clay
- Controls calcium carbonate, calcium sulfate, calcium phosphate, calcium fluoride, barium sulfate and strontium sulfate scales in waters with a high fouling potential
- Environmentally compatible, especially where discharge of waste into the environment is a concern
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60
- Halal certified
- Kosher certified
- Appearance: Clear colorless to yellow liquid
- Odor: Characteristic
- Solubility in water: Complete
- 5 gallon pails
- 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums
- 275 gallon totes and bulk shipments
Safety and Handling
Chemical Feeding and Control
AWC A-103 should be injected continuously into the RO feedwater line, always downstream of multimedia filters, and preferably downstream of the cartridge filters in the presence of a static mixer. In the absence of a static mixer, dosing upstream of the cartridge filters will serve as a substitute to improve mixing.
The dosage required to inhibit scale formation will typically be in the range of 1- 5 ppm, depending on feed water quality and system operating parameters. Dosage can be determined using Proton® membrane antiscalant projection software, or can be provided by an AWC technical representative.
AWC A-103 is designed to be fed neat. However, if the minimum output of the dosing pump exceeds the required dosage, then dilution will be necessary. For product dilution, always use water that is free of any detectable hardness – deionized water or RO permeate are preferred due to their higher purity, but softened water is also acceptable.
This product contains a preservative to prevent biological growth in the feed tank. Dilution in excess of 10X will impact the potency of the preservative. If dilution beyond 10X is unavoidable, it is recommended to replace the diluted product frequently, preferably every 7 – 10 days.