RO membrane compatible cationic flocculant for turbidity reduction upstream of the membrane system. Aids in removal of aluminum carryover.
- Organic coagulant and filter-aid designed for use with Reverse Osmosis (RO) pretreatment equipment
- Enhances multimedia, Microfiltration (MF), Ultrafiltration (UF) and cartridge filter performance resulting in reduced turbidity and color for better quality RO feed water
- Can be used in conjunction with ferric based coagulants to reduce dosage and subsequent carryover
- Highly effective at precipitating aluminum carryover from coagulation processes and improves its removal by subsequent filtration
- Economical to use because of its low dosage requirements
- Compatible with polyamide and cellulose acetate membranes
- Appearance: Clear yellow to amber liquid
- Odor: Characteristic
- pH (1% Solution): 4.0 – 7.0
- Solubility in water: Complete
- Specific Gravity: 1.05 ± 0.05
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums, 275 gallon totes
Store in a cool area and protected from freezing. If freezing occurs, the product should be thawed completely and agitated prior to subsequent use. The shelf life is 1 year when stored at temperatures between 5 and 30°C. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
May be dosed anywhere between 1 to 5 ppm based on jar testing results. Overdosing may result in a net dispersion effect of the suspended solids – dosage should be maintained based on jar testing results.
If there are any questions, please contact AWC for specific dosing instructions. AWC CP-300 should be fed neat if possible. If a dilution is necessary, dilute no more than 4 to 1 with RO permeate or DI water. AWC CP-300 should be injected at least 15 feet (5m) upstream of multimedia or cartridge filters to allow for sufficient mixing and coagulation. Do not use static mixers ahead of the filters as the shear imparted by this equipment will degrade the polymers contained in this formulation.