Broad spectrum Reverse Osmosis antiscalant designed for use with municipal water reuse membrane systems.
- Designed to inhibit inorganic scale formation in membrane separation processes
- Inhibits calcium carbonate scale up to a Calcium Carbonate Nucleation Index (CCNI) of 2.2
- Effectively stabilizes metal ions and disperses insoluble metal oxides in the reject
- Controls calcium fluoride, calcium sulfate, barium sulfate and strontium sulfate scales in waters with a high fouling potential
- Environmentally compatible, especially where discharge of waste into the environment is a concern
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60
- Appearance: Colorless to light yellow liquid
- Odor: Characteristic
- pH (as is) @ 25°C: <2.0
- Specific Gravity: 1.15 ± 0.05
- Solubility in water: Complete
- 5 gallon pails
- 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums
- 275 gallon totes and bulk shipments
Store in a cool, dry place. In accordance with good safety practice, handle with care and avoid contact with eyes and prolonged or repeated contact with skin. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
AWC A-105 is normally fed continuously prior to the final cartridge filter. It should be injected by chemical dosing pump from a dilution tank or directly from the drum to the feedwater line. The amount of AWC A-105 required to inhibit scale formation depends on the quality of feedwater and size of the membrane system. An AWC technical representative will provide you with the approximate dosage rate for your system.