The Technical Sales Professional will be responsible for maintaining existing accounts and developing new business directly and through distributors. They will provide customers and distributors with technical support as needed to maintain their accounts. This position requires direct experience in sales or operations within the reverse osmosis membrane treatment industry.
- Prospect and contact potential customers and industry partners, identify the decision-makers.
- Oversee all aspects of the customer relationship; including making cold calls, following leads, creating opportunities and closing business.
- Build a plan for customer visits, upcoming bids, pipeline, meeting sales goals.
- Build relationships with consulting engineers, contractors, owners and plant operators.
- Develop new business by cross selling, consultative selling and offering technical solutions.
- Recruit and develop distributors to help the company grow its market share geographically and within new market sectors.
- Promote our products through technical workshops, trade show papers, operator shows, brown bag seminars, distributor training, webinars, etc.
- Provide technical support to end-users and distributors, including running projections, troubleshooting, explanation of technical reports and collection of samples for analysis.
- General knowledge of water treatment and membrane pretreatment processes.
- Understands RO and MF/UF at a level sufficient to troubleshoot and provide system optimization solutions.
- A general understanding of membrane fouling and scaling.
- Experience with membrane cleaning.
- Ability to identify potential chemical opportunities and to convert them to a sale.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Independent and highly motivated self-starter.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Organized and responsive.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and general computer skills. Experience with CRM software a plus.
- A degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry is preferred.
- 5+ years of sales or operational experience within the membrane water treatment industry.
- Demonstrated ability to perform and produce results while maintaining positive relationships.
- Willingness to travel within territory 70% or more, as needed to develop new business and visit all customers at a reasonable frequency throughout the year.