Limpador alcalino clorado em pó para membranas de MF/UF para remoção de severas incrustações biológicas e orgânicas. Compatível com a maior parte das membranas PES.
- Powder formulation containing chlorine, dispersants, surfactants and other cleaning compounds specifically designed for cleaning microfiltration (MF) and ultrafiltration (UF) surfaces and pores
- Penetrates and removes heavy organic foulants and biological slime
- Disperses inorganic particulates such as silts, clays and other colloidal particles
- Dissolves metal hydroxides from coagulants
- Buffered to maintain target pH range even when product is accidentally overdosed
- Compatible with most chlorine tolerant microfiltration and ultrafiltration modules
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable
- Appearance: White granular powder
- Odor: Chlorine like odor
- pH (1% solution): 11-12
- Solubility in water (@ 25°C): Complete
- Chlorine Content (1% Solution): 100 ppm available
- 50 lb. pail and 400 lb. non-returnable plastic drums
Safety and Handling
Store in cool, dry and well-ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
The cleaning solution should be prepared using MF/UF filtrate. For best results, avoid using high hardness water. Make cleaning solution using 9–17 lbs of AWC UF-428 for every 100 gallons of water (~1–2 wt% Solution). A minimum total cleaning time of 3 hours is typically recommended for heavy fouling. Heating the solution to the maximum temperature allowed by the module manufacturer will enhance cleaning results.
Cleaning procedure is as follows:
1. Circulate the cleaning solution throughout the modules, with the filtrate valve closed, in the feed direction for 30 minutes (for tubular designs).
2. Alternate with soak for 30 minutes.
3. Reverse the direction of the flow and recirculate for 30 more minutes.
4. Repeat steps 1 – 3.
If pH decreases below the target pH range of 11–12, add more AWC UF-428 to maintain target pH range throughout the entire cleaning process. Do not exceed membrane manufacturer’s recommended exposure time to high pH cleaners, and do not exceed the membrane’s chlorine tolerance. If back-flushing is permissible by the manufacturer, cleaning results may be enhanced by back flushing the cleaning solution from the filtrate to the feed for 15 minutes. After the cleaning is finalized the modules must be flushed with MF/UF filtrate.