Water Distribution System Corrosion Inhibitor
- Phosphate-free corrosion inhibitor and pH adjustment chemical for the treatment of potable water systems
- Eliminates precipitation issues associated with pH adjustment after dosing of acidic zincorthophosphate corrosion inhibitors
- Inhibits corrosion by providing cathodic protection and enhancing existing anodic protection on metal surfaces and in distribution piping
- Higher pH promotes formation of passive metal oxide layer and allows for improved stability of chloramines in distribution systems.
- Inhibits corrosion of steel distribution system water lines, iron and galvanized piping, and lead and copper plumbing
- Reduces or eliminates red water issues
- Protects against the release of asbestos or cement from water mains, and lessens the occurrence of microbial-induced corrosion, thereby ensuring longer system life.
- Saves money by reducing corrosion, lowering chlorine demand and decreasing hydrant flushing, leaks and failures
- Corrosion inhibition is enhanced when used in combination with ortho/poly corrosion inhibitors such as AWC A-782
- Appearance: Colorless to light yellow liquid
- Odor: Odorless
- Solubility in water: Complete
- pH (as is) @ 25˚C: > 12.0
- Specific Gravity: 1.30 ± 0.05
Safety and Handling
May be toxic by ingestion in concentrated form. Do not take internally. If ingested, drink at least two (2) glasses of water and get immediate medical attention. Contact with eyes causes irritation. If eyes are contacted, immediately flush with clean water for 15 minutes and if irritation persists, get medical attention. In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
Normally fed continuously to the system being treated by means of a chemical metering pump. In most applications, product is fed as a concentrate, without the necessity of dilution. Dosing rate will vary with water quality, but should target a pH of 8.5 – 8.7. The overall product applications and the specific chemical feed and control methods employed must be specified by the technical representative servicing the facility.
5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums, 275 gallon totes