Produto químico de decloração usado para remover o cloro livre e combinado, para prevenir a oxidação e danos às membranas. Não emite gás SO2 tóxico.
- Odorless dechlorination chemical used to remove free and combined chlorine from reverse osmosis (RO) feedwaters
- Prevents severe oxidation and free-radical damage to RO/NF membranes by reducing dissolved chlorine into the non-reactive chloride ion
- Effectively converts all oxidizers such as ozone, chlorine dioxide and hydrogen peroxide to non-reactive species
- Deactivates biocides such as isothiazoline and DBNPA
- Stabilized to maintain active contents for long storage times. Does not emit toxic SO2 gas
- Higher rate of reaction with chlorine and better efficiency than bisulfite solutions or activated carbon
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60
- Appearance: Colorless to light yellow liquid
- Odor: Pungent
- Solubility in Water: Complete
- pH (as is) @ 25°C: 5 – 7
- Specific Gravity: 1.35 ± 0.05
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums
Safety and Handling
May be toxic by ingestion. If ingested, drink at least two (2) glasses of water and get medical attention. Contact with eyes causes severe irritation or burns. If eyes are contacted, immediatley flush with clean water for 15 minutes and then get medical attention. For skin contact, wash with soap and water. This product is a reducing agent. Always store away from oxidizers. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
Normally fed continuously prior to the final cartridge filter. It should be injected by chemical dosing pump from a dilution tank or directly from the drum to the feedwater line. For dechlorination, 6 – 9 ppm of AWC DC-208 should be dosed for every 1 ppm of free chlorine. Steel, stainless steel, or plastic may be used in the chemical feed system. Copper, copper alloys and aluminum metallurgies for chemical feed system must be avoided.