- Low pH membrane-cleaning compound for dissolution of carbonate and phosphate scales from microfiltration and ultrafiltration surfaces and pores
- Effectively dissolves and chelates iron, aluminum and other metal oxides
- Buffered to maintain pH range even when product is accidentally overdosed
- Compatible with most UF/MF modules
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable systems
- Appearance: White crystalline powder
- Odor: Characteristic
- pH (1% solution): 2-3
- Solubility in water: Soluble
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums
Avoid breathing dust. Do not get in eyes, on skin or clothing. Keep container closed. Wash thoroughly after handling. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Use potable water that is free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents to make the cleaning solution (RO permeate or DI water are preferred). Prepare the cleaning solution by adding 10-20 lbs of AWC UF-405 for every 100 gallons of water (~1–2.5 wt% Solution) depending on severity of fouling. Heat water to the maximum temperature allowed by the module manufacturer. Circulate the cleaning solution throughout the modules, with the filtrate valve closed, in the feed direction for 30 min (for tubular designs) while maintaining a pH of 2-3. The direction of the flow can then be reversed and circulated for 30 more minutes. Measure the pH every 15 minutes. Add AWC UF-405 as necessary to the cleaning solution to maintain the pH range of 2–3 throughout the entire cleaning process. Repeat as necessary until solution pH remains stable for two consecutive readings. Systems that allow back flushing may be back flushed with cleaning solution from the filtrate to the feed for 15 minutes. After the cleaning is finalized the modules must be flushed with MF/UF filtrate.