- High strength powder formulation specifically designed for use as a high pH cleaner for microfiltration and ultrafiltration membranes
- Effectively penetrates and lifts biofilms, organic foulants, oils, greases and other hydrocarbons from the membrane surface
- Disperses inorganic particulates such as silts, clays and metal oxides
- Designed for use with membranes that are tolerant to cleaning at pH>10
- Compatible with most MF/UF modules
- Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use in potable
- Appearance: White to tan powder
- Odor: Characteristic odor
- pH (1% solution): >11.5
- Solubility: Complete
- 50 lb. pails and 400 lb. non-returnable plastic drums
Store in cool, dry and well-ventilated area. Keep containers closed. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use. Wash thoroughly after handling.For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Prepare cleaning solution using potable water free of residual chlorine or other oxidizing agents (RO permeate or DI water are preferred). Do not use hard water. Solution should consist of 10-20 lbs of AWC UF-426 for every 100 gallons of water (~1–2.5 wt% solution), depending on severity of fouling. Heat water to maximum temperature allowed by module manufacturer. Circulate cleaning solution throughout modules, with filtrate valve closed, in the feed direction for 30 minutes (for tubular designs). Reverse direction of flow; recirculate 30 more minutes. Add more AWC UF-426 to cleaning solution to maintain pH range of 11–12 throughout entire cleaning process. Repeat as necessary until pH remains stable for two consecutive readings, but do not exceed membrane manufacturer’s recommended exposure time to high pH cleaners. For systems that allow back flushing, back flush with cleaning solution from the filtrate to the feed for 15 minutes. After cleaning is finalized, flush modules with MF/UF filtrate.