- Non-oxidizing microbiocide for use in industrial reverse osmosis systems (Cellulose acetate membranes use only)
- Effective over a wide pH range of 6.0 – 9.5 against slime forming bacteria, sulfate reducing bacteria, fungi, yeast and algae
- Environmentally friendly because it is non-persistent and degrades to naturally occurring products
- Aqueous solution is relatively safe to handle and is easily diluted and mixed when treating water
- Unlike most non-oxidizing microbiocides, it will function to clean up a biologically fouled system
- Functions over a wide pH range and most rapidly at pH 8.5 – 9.5. Will NOT react with the wide range of antiscalants used in modern reverse osmosis membrane treatment
- It is non-surface active and will therefore not cause objectionable foaming in treated systems
- Appearance: Clear to light yellow liquid
- Odor: Characteristic odor
- pH (as is) @ 25°C: 3.7
- Solubility in water: Complete
- Specific Gravity: 1.18
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums
Safety and Handling
May be toxic by ingestion. Contact with eyes causes severe irritation or burns and irreversible eye damage. The use of goggles or face shield and rubber gloves is recommended when handling this product. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
May be fed to systems using automatic feed equipment to any convenient point that will insure uniform mixing. Use only where approved for compatibility by the membrane manufacturer. AWC D-545G may be used to disinfect membranes in one of two ways:
1- Immerse membrane in a tank containing 2,222 to 22,222 ppm AWC D-545G for 6 to 24 hours.
2- Add to in-line recirculating systems of installed out of service reverse osmosis equipment. Add 222 to 2,222 ppm of AWC D-545G to the tank on the circulating system and maintain this concentration by periodic addition to counteract any system leakage. Flush the system through with clean water before returning to service.