- Synthetic foam control additive used to control or eliminate biologically generated foam
- Regulates foam in activated sludge, aerobic or anaerobic sludge digestion, Biological Nutrient Removal (BNR), Enhanced Nutrient Removal (ENR) and Membrane Bioreactor Processes (MBR)
- Does not contain mineral oil, silicones, nitrogen or phosphorous based materials and will have no impact on nitrogen or phosphorous removal in BNR/ENR processes
- Appearance: Clear tan pale to amber liquid
- Odor: Mild fatty odor
- pH (1% Solution): 6.0 – 7.0
- Specific Gravity (@ 25°C): 0.982
- Solubility in water: Dispersible
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums
May be toxic by ingestion. Do not take internally. Contact with eyes causes irritation. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
May be fed continuously or as a batch process but should not be diluted. For aeration basins AWC AF-235 should be added to the primary effluent prior to the aeration on the Return Activated Sludge (R.A.S.) line at a feed rate of 0.5 to 10 ppm of the total system flowrate (Influent + R.A.S). If the foam blanket is greater than twelve inches, a dosage as high as 30 ppm may be used temporarily to reduce foam to an acceptable level, after which the regular dosage may be resumed.
In sludge digestion, AWC AF-235 may be added at a feed rate of 1 – 5 ppm and is most effective when added within the heat exchange loop for both floating and fixed cover configurations. Alternately, it may be added at the perimeter of the digestor for floating-cover units if sludge receives adequate circulation. If foam is excessive, a higher dosage may be used temporarily until the foam has returned to acceptable levels. Performs best when added to the aeration process to minimize foam generation prior to transfer of wastewater to the clarifiers. However, it may also be added to the post-aeration effluent in the secondary clarifiers.