- High temperature antifoam designed for use at elevated temperatures in water treatment applications such as Multistage Flash Evaporators and Boilers
- Acts as a defoamer and has a residual effect to minimize the recurrence of foaming
- Activity is independent of temperature
- Appearance: Pale amber translucent liquid
- Odor: Mild fatty
- pH (as is) @ 25°C: 7.5 – 9.3
- Solubility in water: Complete
- Specific Gravity: 0.982
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums
May be toxic by ingestion. Do not take internally. If ingested, drink at least two (2) glasses of water. Do not induce vomiting or give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical attention. Contact with eyes causes irritation. If eyes are contacted, immediately flush with clear water for 15 minutes and if irritation persists, get medical attention. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
AWC E-100 is normally fed continuously to the systems to be treated. It can be mixed with most water treatment chemicals which have been diluted to normal feed strengths; ie <10%. Normal materials of construction are satisfactory for the chemical feed system.
Feed rate is based on feedwater flow/steam production or ratioed to the feed of another chemical as no convenient field test is available. The specific feed rate will vary depending upon system operating conditions and will be specified by an AWC technical representative servicing the facility.